Reading Notes: Epified; Mahabharata Videos, Part C

I chose this for my reading this week because I really enjoy the Epified videos and I think this series will be useful to me as I finish up my storybook. This section of the videos puts more focus on Karna, which is perfect because it's exactly what I'm doing in my storybook.

"Karna had war in his heart." The eternal struggle of a demi-god adopted by normal people. Karna grew up feeling like he should be fighting for something. When he finally convinced the great guru Parashurama to teach him, he was overjoyed. He learnt great things from his teacher and he cherished the time he had with him. One day, when Parashurama was resting his head on Karna's knee, a scorpion came and stung Karna's leg. Instead of startling his master, Karna chose to endure the pain. When Parashurama woke, he saw that Karna was bitten. He deduced that no Brahman could hold in the pain of such a sting. He then realized that Karna was a warrior. He cured him for his dishonesty and dismissed him as a student.

I didn't know that Kunti fainted when Karna showed up at the tournament! That might be fun to add to one of my stories.

Bhim, one of the Pandava brothers, had a huge impact on the time the family spent in the forest. When they had been in the forest for quiet some time, they all grew very tired. Bhim, being the strong man he was, carried his mother on his shoulders, two of his brothers clung to his legs, and he carried the last two in his arms. He carried them to safety and then when to the river to fetch them water. He made water baskets out of lotus flowers and collected enough water for all his siblings. Then, when they slept that night, he watched out for them.

Epified

Written By: Vijayendra Mohanty
Artist: Girish Malap
Voice: Sukant Goel





Comments

Popular Posts