Week 11:More Jataka Tales, Part A

The Woodpecker, the Turtle, and Deer was a great story! I liked how complex it was compared to the Jataka tales. There was an entire plot with a bad guy and everything. There were times that I felt myself being scared for one of three friends. I figured that at least one of them was going to die. It was a great story of comradery as well.

The Golden Goose was your classic story of greed. I can see where the mother was coming from. It would be nice if life was full of certainties and we could trust that a golden goose would come to see us each week. That just seems to good to be true. It's harder to have faith.

The Stupid Monkeys was an awesome story. Those little monkeys didn't know any better. And if pulling their roots out didn't kill them, it would have been a solid plan.

The Penny-wise Monkey would be a fun story to rewrite with a modern twist! I feel like a lot of us can relate to the monkey.

Is the Red-Bud Tree used as a story to explain the seasons to children? I would love to see an animated children's book of this story. It's very creative.

More Jataka Tales by Ellen C. Babbit




Comments

Popular Posts