Reading Notes: PDE Mahabharata, Section C

Why would Karna think its a good idea to give up such a huge part of himself to Indra? It makes no sense to me. Yeah, he gets an arrow that delivers one fatal blow or whatever, but he loses his sole protection. Indra's a snake.

It was cool to see how Arjuna got his weapons. Maybe there's a possibility for a retelling there.

In Virata, all the princes are assigned positions that hid them away from their enemies. It would fun to take this idea and make them more like modern day tasks. Here are these princes that probably never done a mundane task in their life. It be funny to have one of them working fast food, retail, at the grocery store, busing tables, etc.

I would really love to make a detailed story about the moment Kunti told Karna that she was his mother. I think if I executed it correctly, it would be emotional and moving. I just feel like there was so much more that could have been said in that story. Was Kunti devastated that she had to leave her son? What was Karna thinking?

We didn't really see what Draupadi was thinking before her five husbands went to war. It couldn't have been an easy thing to endure. I wonder what she was doing while they were fighting? Was she in battle as well? I assume that she wasn't, but that would be something cool to write about!

Indian Myths and Legends by Donald A. Mackenzie 






Comments

  1. Hi Jasmin,

    I was reading through some reading notes to do some extra commenting extra credit, and I was drawn to your notes. I agree with the questions that your raised about the reading. Your idea for a story sounds fascinating. I look forward to reading the story that you come up with from this section. There is much to add and it is very open to interpretation.

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts