Reading Notes: Jataka Tales, Part B

The Banyan Deer was really good. I liked how selfless the king was. It was nice to know that a leader is willing to lay down their life for their people. It showed true character.

I want to write more into the story of The King's White Elephant. I would like to see the how the father felt about his son leaving him. Also, did the white elephant really want to go or was he also sad to leave? The king should have taken both elephants.

The Ox Who Envied the Pig is full of important lessons for us. Sometimes it seems like everyone around you is doing so much better than you. It feels like you're eating straw. I'm not saying those other people are fattening themselves up for death, but it's important to stay on your track and do what you know is right.

Granny's Blackie was a great story as well. It remind me of my hopes for the future. I want to buy my parents a house or something to show my appreciation for all the hard work they do for our family. That's one of my biggest goals in life.

I enjoyed The Elephant Girly-face because it shows how words can make a huge impact on person's life.

Overall, Part B of the Jataka Tales was filled with important lessons and great parables.


Jataka Tales by Ellen C. Babbit 

Not the actual white elephant from the story, but from this picture we can see how gloried elephants were. source

Comments

Popular Posts