Topic Brainstorming

Indra
I have never heard of Indra, but what drew me to him was the fact that he is the god of the heavens, lightning, thunder, rain, etc. I want to learn more about his battle with Vritra. I was thinking I could either do a storybook about his battle with Vritra or I wanted to try some kind of weather forecasting element with his story. I could have a reporter observing his emotions/behavior and relate it to the weather forecast.
web source
                                                        Indra, on his elephant. web source

Surya
One of the first things that caught my attention was that Surya's chariot was lead by 7 horses that represent the 7 colors of the rainbow. Something about that is really cool to me! Surya has a son named Karna. I was thinking maybe I could write about Surya's life with Kunti that lead up the birth of Karna. I need to do more research about Surya before I can decide on how I want to retell his story.
web source

Vishvamitra
I want to tell a story about Vishvamitra's journey of becoming a sage, but I'm unsure of how I want to tell it/change the story. Maybe, instead of beginning as a king, he could start from nothing. I think that may even more impressive than his actual journey. Or maybe I could focus on his life after he became a sage. I could make one of the most popular sages in his country and I could have a storybook filled with the people that come to visit him.
web source

Divine Iconography
I think that the images that accompany all these stories are so beautiful and intricate. I know that there's so much about the images that I don't understand so I think it would be interesting to learn how to really grasp what the pictures are trying to say. I had the idea of making an actual storybook for this topic. Like, I want a mother to have a old storybook filled with divine iconography and I want her to explain different stories to her daughter/son.
web source

Comments

Popular Posts