Reading Notes: Public Domain Edition; Ramayana, Section B

Bhrata Returns by Donald A. Mackenzie 
I mentioned this in my previous reading notes because at the time I was unaware that Bhrata did not  know of his mothers plan. After reading, I want to change Bhrata's character into the one that was the mastermind behind this whole scheme. He may have worked with/encouraged his mothers slave to say the things she did. I want Bhrata to willingly take the throne and put on a face of remorse for Rama. 

The symbolism of the sandals really caught my eye. The loyalty that Bhrata has for his brother is admirable and I appreciate that he loves his brother so much. I would want to incorporate something similar to my story. I want to have an object or something that will take the place for Rama, but not sandals. Maybe, instead on an inanimate object, Bhrata can pick someone that is loyal to stand in for Rama (with Rama's blessing). Bhrata can't do it because of his allegiance to his brother.

Ravana and Sita by Donald A. Mackenzie 
I think that Rama and Sita share a great love story, but I wonder if Sita's love for Rama outweighs the troubles she faces in the jungle. She was born into royalty. Her whole life is polished and pristine. She gives it all up to follow Rama into the wild. When Ravana approaches her, I want Sita to consider the offer. I want her to inwardly think about why she should stay with Rama even though this wasn't the life she was promised.
Ravana visits Sita. web source

Comments

Popular Posts