Reading Notes: Public Domain Edition; Ramayana, Section A

Rama: Avatar of Vishnu by Donald A. Mackenzie
So, in this story, out of all his brothers, Rama is the most like Vishnu. Rama is supposed to be the most handsome, strong,  and desirable son. He's his fathers favorite. I was thinking that I could change that up a little.When Vishnu was trying to come to earth as Rama, I want some of his greatness to get lost in translation. Meaning, Rama won't be as god-like as before. He'll be hard to look out, awkward, and unsure of himself. It'll be a journey of Rama proving his importance to his father. I want Rama to grow out it kind of like a teenager, but no one will be aware of that during the story.

Crossing the River by Sister Nivedita
I think crossing the Ganges was too easy. Instead, I want Ganga to be angry at Rama for something Rama's father did to her. I want Rama, Sita, and Lakshmana to make it across safely, but I want them to face more challenges while crossing.
The beautiful, Ganga.web source


Rama is Banished by Donald A. Mackenzie 
I liked this story, but I felt like I was missing Bharata's perspective. I want to know what was going on in his head. He must have held deep devotion to his great older brother and was heartbroken to see him banished. Or he may have been jealous of Rama his entire life and this was the best thing to ever happen to him. Either way, I want to see how he carries himself before and after he has stolen the throne away from Rama.

Comments

Popular Posts