Reading Notes: PDE Ramayana, Section D

I felt like Section D was the most confusing section. First, when Rama questioned Sita. He fought tooth and nail in order to get her back, but then he goes and questions her loyalty. It didn't feel like that fit the love he was supposed to have for her. If I was Sita, I don't know if I'd care to go back to Rama. And then, after they do get back together, she's banished again! I get that Rama has strong loyalties to his kingdom, but you don't exile your wife. 

Sita and Rama by Sister Nivedita

Sita endured a lot while she was captive. Most of her struggles were caused by her loyalty to her husband. When that loyalty is questioned, I want Sita to bring out a journal or something that details all the cruelties she had to experience. I want her to retell the worst of stories to Rama. I want Rama to feel bad for doubting even for a minute where her loyalty laid.

Indrajit by Sister Nivedita 

I like that Indrajit had a specific weapon that was not easily beat. I like the concept of the snakes, but I don't want the weapon to include snakes. Maybe a different kind of animal or a different kind of weapon all together.

Battle of Rama and Ravana by Sister Nivedita 

Agastya gives Rama advice on how to defeat Ravana with help from the sun god. I think it be cool if Agastya gave Rama advice on what Ravana's Achilles heel is. I want it to be something really obscure like a his he's missing a toe on his left foot so his balance is off on that side. Or he doesn't like the smell of something and we need to subdue him with that scent. 

Ravana, losing his heads. web source 



Comments

Popular Posts