Reading Notes: PDE Ramayana, Section C

The Armies by Donald A. Mackenzie 

Rama is mad at Sugriva because he just sat though an entire rainy reason while his wife has been kidnapped. Rama believes that Sugriva has spent his days lazily and unproductively. I want my story to revolve around the fact that during the rainy season, Sugriva was actually training up his monkey armies so that they would be better equipped to fight Ravana. Sugriva will not reveal his true nature to his friends.

The Burning of Lanka by Sister Nivedita

Hanuman is captured. His hands are bound and his mouth is gagged. He is being taken to a remote location by a group of rakshasas. The group has to pass through the city in order to get to their destination. Many member of the group are smoking cigarettes. One happens to throw their cigarette on the ground. Still lit, the cigarette caused a shop to catch fire. Soon, the entire city is on fire. Hanuman escapes from the group and finds Sita. Practice fire safety! posters were ignored and the city is burned to the ground.

Sugriva's Story by Geraldine Hodgson 

I think it would be cool to change the story about why Vali was mad at his brother Sugriva, but I can't think of how I want to do that exactly. I like that Sugriva closes the hole, but I want it be for a different reason. I don't want it to be out of hate from his brother. Maybe as a practical joke gone wrong? While reading the story, I wished that the brothers could have worked out the misunderstanding. It was such a simple mistake that Sugriva made. Maybe, I could make the brothers forgive each other at some point.

Sugriva's brother, Vali. web source











Comments

Popular Posts