Reading Notes: PDE Mahabharata, Section B

Wow!! The first story of this section was fire!! Literally. I really liked The House of Fire story. It had everything a good story should have.

There is a lot to explore when it comes to Arjuna. He was exiled for 12 years so he had plenty of time to go around and get into trouble. I could tell a brief retelling of his 12 year exile or I could break it up into parts and choose the adventure I liked best. I could also make up my own adventure.

The whole ordeal with Draupadi was messy. Her husband bet her life and lost. That must have sucked. I feel like there are some good stories that could be told about her life. The gambling match would be a fun retelling to do as well.

I want to heart more from Kunti while her sons are getting themselves into all this trouble.She must have some thoughts.

Also, how does life with five husbands work?? Especially if they're brothers. Draupadi could have been reincarnated as anything and she chose to be reincarnated as the wife to five husbands?? I want to change that story.

Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie 
Draupadi in the assembly hall. web source

Comments

Popular Posts