Reading Notes: PDE Mahabharata, Section A

I like the interweaving of the Mahabharata. There are definitely a lot more characters than there were in the Ramayana, but all the characters are so intertwined that it doesn't feel overwhelming. I feel like in this story there are many women that are gifted children by the gods, which I didn't notice in the Ramayana. Also, I feel like women are always leaving their children in a stream or field to be picked up by someone else!! I liked Kunti though and I understand why she did it. I kind of want to hear more from her side of the story.

Duryodhana was probably written to be the character that no one likes because every story has one of those characters. It be interesting to see things from his perspective and get into why he hates his cousins so much.

It was really fun to start reading this because my storybook is about Karna and Arjuna. When I saw their names, I kind of internally screamed. Kunti should have told them that they're brothers. I feel like it would've saved them from a lifetime of grief.

Drona was like the teacher who knows all the cool moves and tricks. I think I could write a story about him, maybe going back to the person who taught him and led him to be such a good teacher.

Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie 


Raja Pandu and Kunti. web source

Comments

Popular Posts