Reading Notes: Nine Ideal Women:Part B

Wow. I really liked hearing a different side of the Ramayana. I had no sympathy for Ravana or his family, but reading Promila's story was eye-opening. She loved Indrajit just as much as Rama loved Sita. She had to go through the pain of losing him. When Indrajit died in the Ramayana, I was happy to see one of Rama's enemies defeated. But, it's sad to see Indrajit on a personal level and realize everything that he lost.

I would like to see a story where Indrajit and Promila meet. I think it could be a cute story to read. Or, instead of Promila killing herself, she could realize that she's pregnant. I could tell the story of her pregnancy/birth and maybe a little into the child's life.

The story of Shakuntala was also eye-opening. Again, I had no empathy for her and I hated what she did to Rama. But her life was messy and I feel like she had some unresolved problems that she needed to work through. Nothing from this story really stood out to me as something I would want to write about.

Shakuntala. web source 


Nine Ideal Women by Sunity Devee

Comments

Popular Posts