Reading Notes: Nine Ideal Women:Part A

I really liked how the story introduced Sita and filled the audience in on her background. I thought the story about how her dad found her in the field would be fun to rewrite this week. I think this week I want to try writing a brand new, more modern story that's based on the same basic premise of the original story.
Another part of the story that really caught my eye was when Rama meet Sita for the first time and everything that happened after that point. I think it be easy to create some kind of cheesy poem with this. It could be fun. Maybe a little challenging because I don't write poetry. 
These stories were so detailed and I feel like that made things more interesting. It was moving to see Dasharatha's devastation and grief following Rama's banishment. Seeing more of him gave me the idea of writing about his relationship with his wife Keykaya after Rama's banishment. I think at first I would want them to be icy towards one another, but because Dasharatha's health is declining, I want the story to end with him forgiving Keykaya.

Nine Ideal Woman by Sister Nivedita 




Rama breaking the bow to win Sita's favor. web source

Comments

Popular Posts