Learning Challenge: Hugs, hugs,hugs

New neuroscience reveals 4 rituals that will make you happy  by Eric Barker

I really liked the overall vibe of this article. It was lighthearted and the advice given was applicable to daily life. The 4 rituals mentioned in the article are; ask yourself what you're grateful for, label negative emotions, make decisions, and touch people.

I've always known how important is to be grateful. There are times when I let myself get so caught up in my own little problems that I forget how truly lucky I am. That doesn't mean my problems or anyone else's problems are irrelevant, because they're not. There are real, painful problems in the world. But, it's important to at least try to be grateful for something. Anything. It doesn't matter how small. I didn't know that the actual process of searching for something to be grateful for can lead to a better mood, but it can! "It's not finding gratitude that matter most; it's remembering to look for it in the first place. Remembering to be grateful is a form of emotional intelligence. With higher emotional intelligence, it simply takes less to be grateful." Practice gratefulness!!

Who doesn't love a good hug? Sometimes it feels like your heart's being hugged and we've all been at in a place where we needed a heart hug. The author hones in on hugging, but an sort of physical touch will do. "Touching someone you love reduces pain." Go hug your best friend today or your mom. Do hug your dog!! The article mentions that receiving five hugs a day, for 4 weeks dramatically increases your happiness. I need to find five people that are willing to hug me. If you see a girl walking around campus with a FREE HUGS sign, don't be alarmed.

Literally every parent ever, forcing their kids to hug for the camera. web source

Comments

Popular Posts