Learning Challenge: Empathy

Brene Brown on Empathy 

I'm guilty of looking for the silver lining of a bad situation. Who likes facing hard situations or seeing people they love go through difficult times? It's kind of a defense mechanism on my part because I want to help and sometimes there is nothing that I can do. 

It's better just to be there for someone. Let them talk to you. Let them cry to you. Even if its hard for you because you're not doing this for you. A lot of the time, you can't change anything. But, it's when you meet people in the worst times that you are showing them that you are there for them and that you care.  

I hope that I can become a more emphatic person as a grow. I want to really listen to people and make sure they feel heard. 


A simple reminder. web source

Comments

Popular Posts