Learning Challenge: Empathy, Monica Lewinsky

Monica Lewinsky: The Shame Sticks to You like Tar

Monica Lewinsky has always been interesting to me. I was too young to remember when it happened, but I can imagine the kind of press it attention it received. This article detailed how hard life was for Lewinsky after the scandal and I figured as much. It makes sense that people weren't hiring because she her name carries such a negative connotation, but it was still sad to read. It was really great to read that she has was a leader in the anti-cyberbullying movement. I'm glad that she found something that she is passionate about. Lewinsky took her own struggles and experiences and she is using them  to make a difference in other people's lives. She is excited about the progress she is making and doesn't seem to want to get caught up in the politics of the world. I know there have been large movements against cyber-bullying, but I don't know how far we've come/how much cyber-bulling has been reduced. I want to see if there are any programs that need volunteers to help with victims of cyber-bullying or anything related to the cause.
Inspired by the emoji keyboard that Lewinsky made that promotes anti-bullying. web source
 

Comments

Popular Posts