Famous Last Words: twenty one pilots

Music has become really essential to my success as a student. I can't study without it. I go through phases of what I listening to. My sophomore year I cannot tell you how many times I listened to the We Bought A Zoo soundtrack. (The soundtrack AND the movie are really good!!) Recently, I made a Study playlist of the music I've curated over the years. (Check it out on my Spotify:jasminkurien) But, this week all I've listened to is twenty one pilots.

They call their fans The Clique and I can officially say that I am a member of The Clique. I love everything TOP stands for. Their music talks about real things like anxiety, depression, and suicide. I've always known about TOP, but I've never sat down and really listened to their stuff.

I do this thing where when I find something I like, I become borderline obsessed with it within 24 hours. I downloaded a couple of my favorite songs on my phone and I just play them in a loop when I'm running. I've been going on their merch website daily, trying to decide if I should splurge on a hoodie. I've been watching interviews, watching musics video, stalking Instagrams, etc. And this obsession couldn't have started at a better time! Their new album Trench comes out on October 5!!

My current favorite TOP songs:

  • Cancer
  • Trees
  • Goner
  • Ode to Sleep
  • My Blood
  • Guns For Hands 


One of my favorite things in life is discovering good music and then sharing it with others.



"Peace will win, fear will lose"-Car Radio web souce




Comments

  1. Hi Jasmin!
    I’m so glad I stumbled on this post in my commenting quest- it’s so relatable! (We Bought A Zoo by Jonsi is 100000% on every playlist I put together I love it so much). My suitemate freshman year was a diehard Clique member, and has a TOP logo tattoo- she’s been to two or three of their concerts now I think (I’m really jealous), I haven’t dug into all of their music yet- Blurryface is the album I’m most familiar with- picking favorites is super hard, but House of Gold is definitely a go-to. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts