Famous Last Words: I'm a Planner

This week, I've started something new. I think this need to feel organized started in high school. I remember seeing girls pulling out their Lily Pulitzer planners and writing down every little thing that they needed to do. I so wanted to be someone that a cute, little organized planner. I wanted the sticky tabs, the colored pens, etc. I tried to use planners in high school, but I never kept up with them. I would use them religiously for a week or two, but then I wouldn't even attempt writing in them. I was so used to having a mental list, that I never felt like I need to relay on a physical one.

Anyway, this week, I started using a simple 70 page spiral notebook as my planner/organizer. When I write in it, it kind of feels like I'm taking notes or doing homework. And that kind of helps me keep up with it. I think that because it feels like homework, I am more obligated to use it. So far, its been really cool to have! I like having a list of what I want to get done right in front of me. I think my lists give me motivation to accomplish what I said I was going to accomplish.Of course my favorite part is crossing things off as I go!

The rest of the week was good! I think I figured out what I want my storybook to be about. At least I hope I did. I didn't do as much research as I'd hoped to this week, but I'll try and makeup for it next week. Also, I made my first meme this week and it was really fun! I couldn't think of anything funny for my first one, but maybe next time! I'm excited to see what next week brings!

Accurate to-do list. web source

Comments

  1. I need to keep up with my planner! I buy one everyone year cause they are so cute and I want to be organized that semester. However, I write in it when I get my syllabus and then forget about it! I have come to the conclusion that it is because when I have new upcoming deadlines I do not always have my planner with me so I do not input the stuff. A big reason to have a planner is so that you do not forget stuff that is coming up and for some reason I forget I have a planner at times and I have not yet figured out how to fix that problem yet. I will for sure try to keep up with is this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have the bad habit of getting a planner and then not using it a couple of weeks into school, but then I kicked that habit when I got into bullet journalling! I love being able to create my own planner and not being restricted by the organization of the person who pre-made a planner for me. I love being able to add in my own to-do lists, different types of calendars besides my overall calendar, lists of important dates, space to write down my thoughts, etc. I actually switched to scheduling using a digital planner on my ipad and wrote about it in this tech tip if you're curious about how I feel about it! http://indianandepic.blogspot.com/2018/09/tech-tip-canvas-calendar.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts