Time Strategies

Time management can be a problem for me in terms of my motivation. I give myself certain tasks to complete each day and usually I get around to doing most, if not all, of them. The problem that I have is that I get distracted or caught up with something else very easily. This pushes my schedule back little by little. Eventually, I find myself in a time crunch and I can't finish everything I had originally  planned to do. I've gotten better at writing my lists. I don't take the first 15 minutes of my day to plan, like the 3 Steps to Recapture Time article mentioned. But, I am better at recognizing when pruning is needed in my life and I've come up with a way to make my lists more manageable. Priority tasks are usually listed as every other task, with filler tasks in between so I don't get overwhelmed.  I have a hard time keeping up with planners, but I am a huge check list person. I really connected with The Psychology of Checklists article. I usually give myself a sticky note for each day and cross off the items as I complete them. The best feeling is when I finish my list and I get to crumple up that little sticky note and throw it in the trash. The sticky note system has worked well for me so far, so I'll probably utilize it for this class as well.

 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today." Matthew 6:34 link


Comments

Popular Posts