Growth Mindset

When I first started at OU, I definitely did not have a growth mindset. I remember that my first assignment in Physics made me cry because I didn't think it was possible that I would ever understand the material. All my friends seemed to be understanding concepts so much easier than me. It wasn't an option to accept that I would never understand Physics. So, I did every thing that I was supposed to do. I went to office hours and spent hours pouring over notes. It wasn't fun or great to my self-esteem, but coming out the other side I realized I learned a lot about myself. I learned that I have the potential to learn, it just takes time and hard work. I hope that my mindset continues to grow. I don't want to limit myself because I'm afraid of making mistakes. I want to get to a place in my life where I celebrate the mistakes that help me grow.


                                             Don't forget to do your brain burpees! link

Comments

Popular Posts